Troop 9 is a dynamic boy scout troop in Newton, Massachusetts, meeting during the academic year. The troop is in Powder Keg District of Knox Trail Council.
Please join us at our scout meetings, Sundays at 7pm at Union Church, 14 Collins Road.
**2017 Troop 9 Car Wash at the Union Church in Waban on Saturday, June 24 from 9:30am – 12:00pm
Donations to support the troop may be sent via check payable to Troop 9:
The Treasurer Troop 9
71 Mary Ellen Road Waban, MA 02468
Please come to a meeting! Boys can join the Boy Scouts as early as the spring of their 5th grade and can participate through High School.
|When||Sunday Nights from 7pm-8pm (see Calendar)|
|Where||Union Church in Waban (see Map Link)|
|14 Collins Road, Waban, MA 02468|
Congratulations to our Newest Eagle Scouts!
In a typical year Troop 9 scouts:
- master practical skills as Scouts advance through the ranks (with some achieving the highest rank of Eagle Scout)
- volunteer to collect food for the local food pantry
- lead and participate in community service
- go hiking on day trips
- go on overnight camping trips
- go on a weekend ski trip
- have a pasta night dinner fund-raiser
- have a car wash fund-raiser
- have a popcorn sales fund-raiser
- attend Boy Scout camp
- attend Merit Badge College
- Troop 9 has its own cabin at the Nobscot Scout Reservation
- The troop typically enjoys several camping trips at the cabin throughout the season.
These pages are on a personal website and do not have any endorsement of the Boy Scouts of America.