Troop 9 is a dynamic boy scout troop in Newton, Massachusetts, meeting during the academic year. The troop is in Viking District of Knox Trail Council.
Please come to a meeting! Boys can join the Boy Scouts as early as the spring of their 5th grade and can participate through High School.
|When||Sunday Nights from 7pm-8pm (see Calendar)|
|Where||Union Church in Waban (see Map Link)|
|14 Collins Road, Waban, MA 02468|
In a typical year Troop 9 scouts:
- go hiking on day trips
- go on overnight camping trips
- go on a weekend ski trip
- collect food for the local food pantry
- have a pasta night dinner fund-raiser – 2014 Pasta Dinner Coming Soon!
- have a car wash fund-raiser
- have a popcorn sales fund-raiser
- attend Boy Scout camp
- attend Merit Badge College
- master practical skills as Scouts advance through the ranks (with some achieving the highest rank of Eagle Scout)
- Troop 9 has its own cabin at the Nobscot Scout Reservation
- The troop typically enjoys several camping trips at the cabin throughout the season.
These pages are on a personal website and do not have any endorsement of the Boy Scouts of America.